On Saturday the 29th I had contractions the whole day but just went about my day as usual still convinced that he would never come. We bought a new mini van and hung out with my parents on our way home. They offered to keep Eli over night but again I thought I would have plenty of warning when I really went into labor, after all I was in labor with Eli for 37 hours. I went to bed around 11:30pm after timing my contraction at 8-10 minutes apart, no big deal. When I woke up around 2:30, I was having stronger contractions, but I was still tired and in denial, so I tried to go back to sleep. I couldn't so I started timing my contraction they were 3 minutes apart! So by 3:00 I woke Dan up and said I think this is real. Neither one of us was in a hurry at first, so Dan was packing up his computer and stuff when I said "WOW-Let's Go". I went into Eli's room picked him up and started for the van, things were kicking into high gear. By the time we reached my parents house to drop Eli, off I told Dan "Get Eli out, hand him over and get back into the car- don't stop to talk." We had to take back roads half way and boy was I feeling every bump and curve. I concentrated on breathing and said things like "I hope my water doesn't break in our new van" and "Maybe I'll get an epidural this time". I still though I had hours to go. Normally I would tell Dan to "slow down you don't know these roads and it is dark", but I purposely held those comments back, and I was even glad when be said "Let's see what this new van can do" as he pushed it to 95 MPH on the highway.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Happy Birthday Asher
On Saturday the 29th I had contractions the whole day but just went about my day as usual still convinced that he would never come. We bought a new mini van and hung out with my parents on our way home. They offered to keep Eli over night but again I thought I would have plenty of warning when I really went into labor, after all I was in labor with Eli for 37 hours. I went to bed around 11:30pm after timing my contraction at 8-10 minutes apart, no big deal. When I woke up around 2:30, I was having stronger contractions, but I was still tired and in denial, so I tried to go back to sleep. I couldn't so I started timing my contraction they were 3 minutes apart! So by 3:00 I woke Dan up and said I think this is real. Neither one of us was in a hurry at first, so Dan was packing up his computer and stuff when I said "WOW-Let's Go". I went into Eli's room picked him up and started for the van, things were kicking into high gear. By the time we reached my parents house to drop Eli, off I told Dan "Get Eli out, hand him over and get back into the car- don't stop to talk." We had to take back roads half way and boy was I feeling every bump and curve. I concentrated on breathing and said things like "I hope my water doesn't break in our new van" and "Maybe I'll get an epidural this time". I still though I had hours to go. Normally I would tell Dan to "slow down you don't know these roads and it is dark", but I purposely held those comments back, and I was even glad when be said "Let's see what this new van can do" as he pushed it to 95 MPH on the highway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your story. Happy Birthday Asher. We're coming up on one year for Sylvia.
Post a Comment