Saturday, August 14, 2010

Canoe camping 2010

On our way home from my brother's wedding we stopped for 4 day to go canoe camping down the Delaware river. This has become a family tradition. This year we started in Port Jervis(further north than we have ever tried) and canoed for 4 days till we reached the water gap in the Poconos. That is 44 miles! This was our impromptu camp site the first night. The map said the camp site was on this big island but neglected to say which side of the island. We choose the wrong side and never found the camp site. So as it was getting dark and we were dragging our canoe along in the shallow water we decided to pitch camp wherever we could, and hope the river didn't rise an inch over night. I must say I was a little worried we would wake up wet, and I spent most of the night awake even having some contractions(yes I was 6 weeks from my due date), but it turned out to be a beautiful camp site when we got up in the morning and it had not rained.

This is what family memories are made of...

Catching and eating fish for breakfast...

Appreciating the small comforts of home...

Cooking over the fire... Um I mean camp stove...

Stuffing your face...

With Marshmallows and chocolate...

Appreciating God's awesome creation...

Paddling in the rain...
Swimming whenever you feel like it...

And spending time with Daddy!!!

Plus we do all the things boys love!
Throw rocks in the water...


Play in the mud...
And find pet worms!

Next year we will be bringing 3 boys down the river!

No comments: