Saturday, May 1, 2010

good news bad new

A few days after Christmas I took a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant! Later that day Dan left to build a treehouse in Boston. That night I heard a noise at 1:00am. It sounded like the Christmas train going around the track and I though Asher had gotten up and turned it on. I got up to investigate, and I realized in was not the train, but the sound was coming from the down stairs. I rushed down to find the cause but instead found myself laying on the linoliun floor (over concrete)in a puddle of warm liquid. I started to black out but I don't think I did. My first though was that the warm liquid was blood, but it really turned out to be water from the hot water heater. It was spewing water several feet in every direction form the nozzle. After I managed to get myself off the floor and realized there was no blood I grabbed the phone and called Dan. Of course I wake him up and he was confused by my quick question "how do you shut the water off?" I was thinking I'd have to shut the whole house water off but he told me to just follow the plumbing till you come to a shut off valve. I finally got it shut off and the spewing slowed down and eventually stopped about 15 minutes later. So there I was in the middle of the night with a flooded laundry room, garage, bathroom and a partially flooded carpeted play room. I now have a headache, I'm nausios becasue I probably have a concusion(or is it the pregnancy), the lump on my head is contunuing to get bigger(now it feels like half a baseball is sticking out of the back of my head) and I'm soaking wet and cold. What did I do next? Ice my head, change my clothes, google concusion symptoms, call 911, drive myself to the ER, call a neighbor and wake them up(my parents were in florida), start a fire to warm up, clean up the flood? Well I started cleaning up first and I thought I'll just see how I did. I'd took breaks every once in a while to Ice my head and google concussion symptoms. It sounded like I would be OK as long as I didn't throw up and Oh I was trying my hardest not to, I really did not want to end up in the ER. After about 2 hours I had everything mopped up and under control(except the carpet). Dan called back, and I was so tired I just decided to got to bed sleeping on an ice pack and see if I wake up in the morning. Well obviously I did, and the lump was now the size of a soft ball but I just tried to take it easy. My great friend Rachel and her wonderful husband came over the following day and replace the water heater for us, what a blessing they are! The lump took about 2 weeks to go away and, well at least I think I'm back to normal, whatever that is!

No comments: